Hemma creates fresh, elegant collections using authentic hand-woven Kente, a textile rich in African royal tradition. Kente began to flourish in West Africa in the 17th century and still remains prominent representing social prestige, luxury, and cultural sophistication. Each garment is uniquely handmade from intricately hand-woven Kente imported from Ghana. By incorporating the same techniques used to dress Ghanaian nobility for centuries, Hemma allows each client to exude royalty. By investing in quality pieces that last a lifetime, the lives of Ghanaian school children are also impacted. A percentage of all proceeds will be donated to a West African middle school where the designers instructed classes.

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Last Day in Ghana!!!

My last day in Ghana was great. It started at Kokrobite beach where I hung out with some friends I met from Ashesi University last year. A man with a horse came by and we each ended up taking a ride on the horse. Then some local fisherman offered to catch us lobster (only about .80 each!!) which ended up being our lunch. It was a perfect ending to the trip. I had my last meeting with Richmond our Operations Manager in Ghana and the leading tailor which went extremely well. All of the garments came out great and I couldn't ask for a better trip. And then there was packing and my last outing at Rhapsody lounge at the Accra Mall.
I was so nervous when I flew in and was worried about setting up everything for Hemma's operations abroad. I couldn't have asked for better trip and I am so excited to show everyone the products of our hard work!

No comments:

Post a Comment