Hemma creates fresh, elegant collections using authentic hand-woven Kente, a textile rich in African royal tradition. Kente began to flourish in West Africa in the 17th century and still remains prominent representing social prestige, luxury, and cultural sophistication. Each garment is uniquely handmade from intricately hand-woven Kente imported from Ghana. By incorporating the same techniques used to dress Ghanaian nobility for centuries, Hemma allows each client to exude royalty. By investing in quality pieces that last a lifetime, the lives of Ghanaian school children are also impacted. A percentage of all proceeds will be donated to a West African middle school where the designers instructed classes.

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Thank Goodness It's Wednesday

On the elevator into work today a women commented to her work buddie: "Thank goodness it's Wednesday, half of the week is almost over." Before that moment, I was semi-oblivious to what day it was, and certainly didn't compare it to its proximity to the weekend. Then I began thinking: do I really want to be in my late thirties waiting for the days to pass me by for two days of relief only to start it all over again? No!
Edna and I are optimistic about Hemma's success, so optimistic that we both deferred Columbia University, her science studies and my acceptance to Columbia Law, in order to fully devote our time to the launch. I am not too sure if I will solely practice law in the future, but I definitely don't want to be in a position in which I am counting down the days of my life. I am pretty sure that is an end everyone wants to reach, how will you?

No comments:

Post a Comment